Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Unexpected color...

Here's what I discovered on this rectangle pot when I 0pened my kiln. Apparently, it absorbed some of the color from the pot that it was next to. The adjacent pot was a round olive colored cascade.

The picture below shows the intended turquoise color and the one below shows the interesting change to green. Although it was not intended, this unexpected detail adds a bit of character to the piece. Happy viewing!
Posted by Picasa
Posted by Picasa

Successful firing!

Well, my glaze firing of 25 pieces was completed this past weekend, and I took a few moments to post a few samples to share. I have included some small ovals, a couple of rounds using my new dark claybody, and a large sage colored octagonal piece.
I am currently adding stock photos to my inventory; see the AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE section.

Check out this technique!