Chawan for Michelle

Here is a couple of shots of a chawan tea bowl that I recently made for my wife. I used a combination of some nice glazes and I think they turned out nice. I think I should use more of this color on some kusamono or shitakusa bonsai pieces too.

I love to experiment with glazes over and under each other. It can be great if the overlay does what it is supposed to, but we must keep testing and retesting and hoping for just the right effect. 

Here is an example of a glaze combination that I have spent the better part of 2 months trying to recreate. It is actually two glazes from the Mastering Cone 6 Glazes book.


I combined Carribean Sea Green under a coat of Clear Powder Blue (I left out the Zircopax, an opacifier).
The lovely specs are from iron in the clay. I can't wait to use this on some more bonsai pottery.

Thanks for looking!


Comments

  1. Look great Rob! Were these dipped or sprayed?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keith,
    I dipped these. They are a combination of a copper matt glaze, with bone and powder blue from Mastering ^6 Glazes. Thanks for your words of encouragement!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!
-Rob Addonizio