Waves of Expression?


I absolutely LOVE learning and developing new techniques. This last month I have been doing some experimenting on a new method that I find rather addicting.  It creates lines and patterns and gives great highlight to form and provides areas for holding glaze.  I tried it on several pots, simple accents, kusamono and some bonsai containers in glazed and unglazed pieces.

Here is another example in a smallish round, well suited for kusamono....

I would like to developing this style a bit more, especially for kusamono forms. For a bonsai pot, I tried some unglazed forms, like this one best suited for a rugged pine.


Time will tell if the bonsai crowd enjoys this particular surface treatment, but in the meantime, at least I can have some fun, keepin' it fresh! 

Cheers!



Comments

  1. Marvellous!! The latter is very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the glaze on the first one - that is a nice texture. Hope to see more of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They do seem to be waving in a breeze, which will make them even better for your trees!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just bought that 3rd one. Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!
-Rob Addonizio