Slabs for forest or group plantings

Since my last post, I have been designing, constructing, staining and glazing slabs for two forest and group planting workshops. They range in sizes and shape, and are individually formed. This slab above has a dark brown clay body and a rich mottled brown and amber glaze. They are complete with recessed wire channels and have extra drainage holes for health roots and good aeration.

In all I will have about 40 slabs, some with glaze (brown, tan, green, cream, slate blue) and some decorated with stain (dark brown, charcoal dark gray, reddish brown).  Some slabs are small, from about 14" across, others are larger, spanning up to 25".

 I would love any comments or questions you may have about these. At any rate, check back here in a week or so and I will post another example perhaps in a different style.

Thanks for viewing!
Rob

Comments