Martha's Crescent


Been a bit busy lately. Several projects have been dicing up my time which is really quite alot considering that my pottery business is only part time. Between building my kiln shed for my new gas kiln, building a website (under construction), and working to get new stock made for the BSF convention this May, I have been quite stretched. 

I did have time to make this commissioned pot for a client on the west coast. She has a beautiful pine that  was acquired last January at the Joy Of Bonsai mini-convention in Bunnell. It was designed by Suthin into a beautiful work of art. Suthin helped design this crescent pot which I hope will make a nice combination. He suggested a dark grey/green gunmetal like color, but not glossy. This was a bit of a challenge yet I am pleased with the results.

There will be more crescents for purchase this May at the convention similar to the one above. Please feel free to share a comment or two here on my blog. I would love to know what you think.
Thanks for viewing.

Comments

  1. Nice one Rob! What are the dimensions? Hard to tell what the color is, what type of lights are using when photographing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should put who bought the pots down so I can pester them to sell them to me. Or start to duplicate some styles. Like "Blue oval shohin series I" and so on.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!
-Rob Addonizio